A Guide to the ADDY Drinking Game
Prior to this year's ADDYs, we sat down and came up with a little drinking game. This was our first time attending an ADDYS event, but some of the rules ended up being pertinent.
1. If you had no idea what to wear, one drink.
2. If you haven't been employed by at least three of the big firms in town, two shots just to get comfortable. At $7/drink, that should clean out the cash in your wallet. Time to switch to the pocket flask.
3. One small sip per pun delivered by the host, Patrick Albanese. Careful not to black out in the opening remarks.
4. Another small sip for each Addy Red Dot wins, for the same reason.
5. If the audience was less mature than your high school graduation, take a drink.
6. Each time you see a bat, take a drink.
7. If you understand the storyline of the murder mystery, everyone drink. (This was not applicable)
8. Take one big draught for each celebrity death that breaks during the ceremony.
9. If you run out of booze, refill your flask in the parking lot during intermission. You have 30 minutes to kill, it's a perfect time to sleep off some of the drinks from Rule #6.
10. If you mistake the wallpaper for dessert, you have made a good decision. Pop that in your mouth.
11. If you couldn't figure out why grown men were chasing each other through the aisles, three drinks.
12. If you didn't win any hardware before the intermission, head to Carl's Place and rethink your career choice. You will be joined by half of the audience.
13. If you sent two people to the stage to pick up your prize, stop drinking.
14. If you find yourself thumbing your nose at any of the award choices, get over yourself. You are welcome to go start your own thing.
All of us ended up hungover, but we had a good time.